Search This Blog

Friday 30 March 2018

Day 18: Good Friday in Swindon Village

Yesterday I missed posting this photo of Christine's friend Sidney, who regularly comes to visit. His interest is not, I suspect, based purely on the need for friendship.



Today's sky was roughly the colour of Sidney's fur but it held off raining until early afternoon. Pene and Mark encountered snow on their drive from Appledore.











We had a quiet morning. Eddie did some shopping and brought back some hot cross buns.  I have started the zenbroidery piece I brought with me. It doesn't require much concentration and is very relaxing.

In the afternoon we prepared for the arrival, around 4,  of Pene, Mark, Christopher, Emily and Thomas. Jenny and Jess also called in.


There was, of course, a tonne of food. I didn't take many photos, as I was preoccupied and it would have been intrusive.


It was lovely to see everyone and to pick up where we left off.














Later in the evening, while sharing photos and stories, Christine told us about some Punch and Judy puppets she had made for a birthday party - more than 30 years ago. Eddie found them to show us.

They were fantastic.- authentic, stitched faces and marvellous clothes. Christine could do a cracking Judy voice, along with wooden spoon actions.








The puppets are stored in a wooden box made for the purpose by Uncle Phil. Déjà vu - I could produce a very similar one in Australia, made by my father  for me to keep my shells in.  Such are the threads of family across continents and time.




I made progress on my zenbroidery too.
















No comments:

Post a Comment